ALT South was established in late 2016 and was approved by the Trustees of ALT in February 2017.
The ALT South Group will:
- support the activities of ALT Members in Northern Ireland in line with ALT’s strategic aims;
- share ALT’s values of being participative, open, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and transparent;
- run activities including, for example, events, discussions or social activities to help collaboration and networking in the South;
- actively and regularly share information about its activities;
- welcome and encourage new members from across the South;
- where possible to support each other in relation to CMALT;
- with participation from ALT Trustees and staff represent ALT Members in policy matters in Northern Ireland.
Specifically in the context of its work in Southern England, this group’s aims further include;
- Share good practice and success stories
- Brief each other on areas of new technologies that may not lie on all our horizons but could be relevant
- Share resources where appropriate
- Share intelligence between our respective sectors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss concerns that may be common across the region
- Build a community of practice and learning among colleagues in the South
- Promote criticality, research, and research-based practice in Learning Technology in the region.
Andrew Davey, University of Southampton
Tracey Duffy, University of Bath (Communications)
Fiona Harvey, University of Southampton (Co-chair)
Kevin Hunt, University of Portsmouth (Secretary)
Manish Malik, University of Portsmouth (Chair)
Ankur Shah, University of Portsmouth
Adam Warren, University of Southampton
If you'd like to join the group please email email@example.com.