The CoOL (Copyright and Online Learning) SIG was established in November 2020. The group will focus on copyright issues associated with online learning, digital education, and learning technology. It will also consider broader copyright issuesassociated with access to information.
The group operates as a community of practice and helps to support local communities of practice in the field of copyright, online learning and learning technology.
It will look to develop and recognise copyright expertise within the educational community
- Advocate for copyright literacy within the community and more broadly.
- Support activities in line with ALT’s strategic aims
- Share ALT’s values of being participative, open, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and transparent
The SIG officers are:
- Co-Chair: Jane Secker, City, University of London email@example.com
- Co-Chair: Chris Morrison, University of Kent firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Secretary: Jenny Greene, University of Bangor, email@example.com
- Events coordinator: Elizabeth Charles Birkbeck, University of London firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing and communications officer: Greg Walters, Glasgow University email@example.com
- Legal expert: Emily Hudson, Kings College London Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org
- US correspondent: Kyle Courtney, Harvard University email@example.com
- Other Officers: Samantha Ahern, UCL, firstname.lastname@example.org Stephen Penton, City, University of London email@example.com , Deborah Ferns, University of Strathclyde firstname.lastname@example.org
To join the CoOl SIG, please see details here (to follow)
We are developing a dedicated community space and blog which will be available here soon.