Who are we?
ALT ELESIG is a community of researchers and practitioners involved in investigations of learners’ experiences and uses of technology in learning across all education sectors. ELESIG, formerly the Evaluating Learners Experiences of e-learning Special Interest Group, was established in 2008 to advocate for the theory and practice of researching learners’ experience in the context of technology enhanced learning/e-learning. ELESIG became a special interest group of ALT in 2019.
As ALT ELESIG members, we work together to share knowledge, practices and develop a shared repertoire of resources.
We aim to build our capacity by:
- sharing good practice and developments in learner experience research methodology and methods.
- sharing the outcomes of specific learner experience research studies, including successes, issues and challenges.
- identifying areas of shared interest for cross-institutional collaborations.
- raising the profile of learner experience research within the sectors.
- collaborating with other stakeholder groups involved with learner experience research,including students as partners.
- Chair – Dr Tünde Varga-Atkins, University of Liverpool
- Secretary – Dr Vicki Dale, University of Glasgow
- Professor Rhona Sharpe (University of Oxford), Honorary member
- Dr Denise Sweeney (University of Nottingham), Honorary member
- Rob Howe (University of Northampton), Midlands co-lead
- Laura Hollinshead (University Derby), Midlands co-lead
- Jessica Humphreys (University of Warwick), Midlands co-lead
- Claire Moscrop (BPP University), North-West co-lead
- Dr Jim Turner (Liverpool John Moores University), North-West co-lead
- Dr Mary McVey (University of Glasgow), Scotland co-lead
- Shona Robertson (University of Dundee), Scotland co-lead
- Hanrahan Highland (University of Bristol), South lead
- Ashwini Datt (University of Auckland), New Zealand lead
- Sarah Knight (Jisc), Honorary member
Get involved with the ELESIG Community
Please visit the ELESIG community site at https://altc.alt.ac.uk/elesig/ where you will find more information including our webinar programme and how you can engage with other members.
To join the group please follow the instructions at https://altc.alt.ac.uk/elesig/how-to-join-get-connected/
Continue the conversation on Twitter using #ELESIG #altc