Who are we?
ALT ELESIG is a community of researchers and practitioners involved in investigations of learners’ experiences and uses of technology in learning across all education sectors. ELESIG, formerly the Evaluating Learners Experiences of e-learning Special Interest Group, was established in 2008 to advocate for the theory and practice of researching learners’ experience in the context of technology enhanced learning/e-learning. ELESIG became a special interest group of ALT in 2019.
If you would like to get involved in the organisation of the Group and its activities, let us know by expressing an interest.
Past events and recordings
View recordings and past events on ALT ELESIG's YouTube playlist.
Publications and blogs
Read the latest news on ELESIG's Group Blog
ALT ELESIG Scholar Scheme
As ALT ELESIG members, we work together to share knowledge, practices and develop a shared repertoire of resources.
We aim to build our capacity by:
- sharing good practice and developments in learner experience research methodology and methods.
- sharing the outcomes of specific learner experience research studies, including successes, issues and challenges.
- identifying areas of shared interest for cross-institutional collaborations.
- raising the profile of learner experience research within the sectors.
- collaborating with other stakeholder groups involved with learner experience research,including students as partners.
- Dr Jim Turner, Liverpool John Moores University (Chair)
- Jessica Humphreys, University of Warwick (Vice-Chair)
- Emma Duke-Williams, University of Dundee (Secretary)
- Suzanne Collins, University of Bristol (South Lead)
- Ashwini Datt, University of Auckland (New Zealand Lead)
- Avril Edmond, University of the West of Scotland), Scotland co-lead
- Rob Howe, University of Northampton (Midlands Co-Lead)
- Laura Hollinshead, University Derby (Midlands Co-Lead)
- Dr Mary McVey, University of Glasgow (Scotland Lead)
- Sarah Knight, Jisc (Honorary Member)
- Professor Rhona Sharpe, University of Oxford (Honorary Member)
- Dr Denise Sweeney, University of Nottingham (Honorary Member)
- Dr Tünde Varga-Atkins, University of Liverpool (North West Co-Lead)
- Sandra Partington, City University of London (London Lead)