The group was established following a meeting at the University of Cambridge in December 2018 and approved by the Trustees of ALT in April 2019.
The aim of the group is to:
- Organise online and face to face events to promote and enhance the use of learning technology and advance the profession
- Represent the ALT East England community on national and international groups, and to establish and foster links with similar groups (e.g. ALDinHE, ELESIG, CILIP).
- Provide representation at the ALT Assembly and other events where possible.
- Involve ALT regional groups and special interest groups in relevant events planning in a way that achieves ALT’s goals.
- Research, communicate and plan projects around relevant legislation (e.g. accessibility, GDPR).
- Discuss best practice around subjects relevant to members such as active/collaborative learning, lecture capture & data analytics.
If you are interested in any aspects of learning technology, whether you are a learning technologist, instructional designer, lecturer, tutor, librarian etc., we would like to hear from you! Engage with the community by signing up to our mailing list where you can introduce yourself and post questions.
The ALT East England website contains information on upcoming events.