Who are we?
The group was established following a meeting at the University of Cambridge in December 2018 and approved by the Trustees of ALT in April 2019.
Join ALT East England
If you would like to get involved in the organisation of the Group and its activities, let us know by expressing an interest.
Past events and recordings
View recordings and past events on ALT East England's YouTube playlist.
The aim of the group is to:
- Organise online and face to face events to promote and enhance the use of learning technology and advance the profession
- Represent the ALT East England community on national and international groups, and to establish and foster links with similar groups (e.g. ALDinHE, ELESIG, CILIP).
- Provide representation at the ALT Assembly and other events where possible.
- Involve ALT regional groups and special interest groups in relevant events planning in a way that achieves ALT’s goals.
- Research, communicate and plan projects around relevant legislation (e.g. accessibility, GDPR).
- Discuss best practice around subjects relevant to members such as active/collaborative learning, lecture capture & data analytics.
- Neil Dixon, Anglia Ruskin University (Chair)
- Jennie Dettmer, University of Hertfordshire (Co-Chair)
- Uwe Richter, Anglia Ruskin University (Vice-Chair/Secretary)
- Rob Howe, University of Northampton (Vice-Chair/EMLT & ELESIG Liasion)