Maintenance, implementation, and hosting
The content of the site is maintained by the staff of ALT, and by individual ALT members with editing rights.
The site is implemented using two Open Source applications - Drupal and CiviCRM. Hosting is under a commercial contract between ALT and Positive Internet Ltd.
The site was initially developed for ALT by Futurate, who won the tender for the work during early 2010. We thank a large number of individuals who have contributed ideas for the site and observations about its operation, including Andy Carter, Dan Barker, David Jennings, Dick Moore, Doug Belshaw, Frances Bell, Gill Osguthorpe, Greg Benfield, Harry Greiner, Haydn Blackey, Imogen Bertin, John Bourne, John Slater, Karen Ver, Lucy Saxton, Maren Deepwell, Mark Berthelemy, Martin Hawksey, Martyn Bailey, Matt Jukes, Matt Lingard, Mike Sharples, Nick Jeans and Stephen Harker.
This site has been designed to:
- make limited use of graphics;
- run adequately over slow connections;
- render properly on a wide range of browsers;
- work adequately and for people accessing the site with mobile and hand-held devices;
- permit revisions by people who are not expert in HTML;
- work well for people who are accessing the site with assistive technology, or who need to adjust the appearance of the site to make effective use of it. The site's Accessibility Statement provides more information on this issue.
Key features of the site include:
- consistent navigation elements on all pages;
- widespread provision of RSS feeds;
- breadcrumb-trail at the top of each page;
- all pages have optional formatting for print;
- pages can be tagged by authors from an author-generated vocabulary;
- sophisticated use of Cascading Style Sheets.
Almost all the pages on the site conform to the World Wide Web Consortium's XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS specifications.
We welcome feedback on the site. Please use this form to provide it.
Last updated by SUSS