Who are we?
The ALT West Midlands Members Group was established in June 2016.
Join ALT West Midlands
To join the Group and be kept up to date with the latest news and events, subscribe to the ALT West Midlands mailing list and follow @ALT_WestMids on Twitter. Join the conversation with the hashtag #ALTWM.
If you would like to get involved in the organisation of the Group and its activities, let us know by expressing an interest.
Past events and recordings
View past events and recordings on ALT West Midlands' YouTube playlist.
In common with all ALT Members Groups, the ALT West Midlands Group will:
- support the activities of ALT Members in the West Midlands in line with ALT’s strategic aims;
- share ALT’s values of being participative, open, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and transparent;
- run activities including for example events, discussions or social activities to help collaboration and networking in the West Midlands;
- actively and regularly share information about its activities;
- welcome and encourage new members from across the West Midlands;
- where possible to support each other in relation to CMALT;
- with participation from ALT Trustees and staff represent ALT Members in policy matters in the West Midlands.
Specifically in the context of its work in the West Midlands, this group’s aims further include:
- Share good practice and success stories;
- Brief each other on areas of new technologies that may not lie on all our horizons but could be relevant;
- Share resources where appropriate ;
- Share intelligence between our respective sectors;
- Provide an opportunity to discuss concerns that may be common across the region;
- Build a community of practice and learning amongst colleagues in the West Midlands.
- Gemma Witton, University of Wolverhampton (Chair)
- Alison Gibson, University of Birmingham (Vice-Chair)
- Howard Scott, University of Wolverhampton
- Elizabeth Symonds, University of Worcester
- Lynne Taylorson, RealTimeEducation Ltd
- John Traxler, University of Wolverhampton