Each year we issue an open call for Members to become more involved in the work of ALT. Taking an active part in the work of the Association ensures that all activities are shaped by Members’ priorities and also offer valuable opportunities for professional development and recognition. This year's call is now closed, however there are lots of ways you can still get involved:
Take an active part in our governance
- Join the ALT Assembly: The Assembly was set up as the new overarching committee advising the Board of Trustees. The Assembly is chaired by the President and provide greater representation of Members and in particular Member groups. Participation is welcomed from Members currently involved in: ALT Conference Committees (Annual Conference, Winter Conference, Open Education Resources Conference), Research in Learning Technology Editorial Board and Editorial Team, #altc Blog Editorial Team, Members Groups and Special Interest Groups, CMALT Assessors and Lead Assessors, Honorary Life Members. Find out more on the Assembly page.
Help lead our publications and events
- Webinars: All ALT Members can suggest topics for webinars or lead webinars as part of our year-round CPD activities. Please complete this form with your ideas or to organise a session.
Network, collaborate and join up with other Members
- Members Groups: bring together individuals or organisations within ALT around a common theme. Member groups are open to all Members and cover the UK in geographic areas (see map). You can join the following groups: M25, East Midlands, West Midlands, White Rose, North West England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South West, South East, North East, East England via the groups page.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): which open to all and are currently active in the following subject areas Playful Learning SIG, Open Education Special Interest Group, Learning Spaces SIG
- In addition, we continue to support a mailing and discussion list for Members working in Further Education established by the FELTAG SIG.
- You can see updates on Member and Special Interest group activity on the blog.
More ways to get connected
Whether you are new to ALT or have been a Member for a while, have a look at different ways to connect with the community.