The call to get involved for 2023 is now open!
Taking an active part in the work of the Association ensures that all activities are shaped by Members’ priorities and also offer valuable opportunities for professional development and recognition.
We issue an open call annually for Members in good-standing to become more involved in the work of ALT and this year's call is now open.
To encourage the widest representation from across our Membership, Members who have no existing role in ALT’s activities or been involved in ALT’s activities in the past year will be given priority.
We work hard to ensure that our governance and volunteer committees are representative of ALT’s wider membership across sectors aligned to our commitment to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in ALT. To help us track our progress, we ask that you complete our monitoring survey as part of the call to get involved.
Professional development, research & accreditation
We offer microcredentials to Members who successfully take part in our professional development opportunities.
- Blog writers: Our #altc blog publishes a wide range of posts and articles, including news, opinion pieces, project updates, case studies, book reviews, ‘a week in the life’ summaries of the work of people in the Learning Technology field. We are always looking to hear from our Members. Read our guidance, find inspiration and submit a post.
- Conference Committee Members: We are looking for Members to join the conference committees for both the 2024 Annual Conference and OER 2024. Conference Committees play a vital role in curating the content for our biggest events and our volunteers contribute their time and expertise including undertaking peer review, chairing sessions and organising local and social activities during the conference.
- Awards Judging Panel Members: We are looking for Members to join our 2024 panel of judges to assist us with shortlisting and selecting finalists for the 2024 Awards. We are looking for any Member of ALT with a keen interest to take part in this process. Judges will be required for a total of up to 5 hours for independent and group shortlisting, between May - September 2024.
- Opportunities to assess CMALT peer assessments are offered regularly to all existing Certified Members in good standing.
- CPD Webinars: We are looking for Members to host CPD Webinars as part of ALT’s CPD Webinar Series 2024. Each webinar can last for up to one hour and is delivered with the support of an ALT member of staff.
- AmplifyFE is looking for Members to support their webinars, workshops, blog posts or podcasts.
To express an interest, please complete this form by Thursday 21 September 2023.
Network, collaborate and connect with other Members
- In FE or Vocational Education? Join the AmplifyFE network or AmplifyFE’s mailing list. AmplifyFE is a network to connect and amplify communities of practice for digital learning, teaching and assessment in vocational education.
- Looking for Members near you? ALT's Members Groups bring together individuals or organisations within ALT from a particular area in the UK. Member groups are open to all Members and you can join via the groups page.
- Interested in a particular topic? Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are open to all and are currently active in the following subject areas: Immersive Technologies, Learning Spaces, Active Learning, Open Education, Copyright and Online Learning and learners’ experiences. Find out more and join groups.
Get involved in ALT's governance
ALT is a charitable incorporated organisation. We are registered charity number 1160039 and we are governed in accordance with our constitution by a group of elected and co-opted trustees. The Board of Trustees governs ALT and is advised by the Members Assembly.
- Trustee elections: the next election to ALT's Board of Trustees will take place in 2024. There are no elected Trustee vacancies this year.
- Joining the Members Assembly: The ALT Assembly was established in 2019 and is the overarching committee advising the ALT Board of Trustees. The Assembly actively contributes to ALT's current strategic priorities, focusing on consulting our active Members, on new developments. Each meeting will be chaired by an ALT Trustee and focus on a specific theme or topic. It provides greater representation of Members and in particular ALT’s Member Groups. Find out more about the Assembly.
Not yet a Member?
If you are not yet a Member of ALT, sign up to our monthly news to keep informed and explore ways to connect with the community. Find out more about our membership benefits and how to join as a Member. You can also connect with other Members through our Annual Conference, which takes place on 5-7 September 2023. Featuring an array of speakers, exploring Learning Technology through shared experiences, and different perspectives of the ongoing pandemic. For more information and to register, visit our Annual Conference website.