Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) are at the very heart of the values of the Association for Learning Technology (ALT) which inform all aspects of our activities and services. We aim to be open, transparent, inclusive, democratic, fair and free from discrimination in order to best meet the needs of all our members, ALT staff and the wider community.
The Association is committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions and will seek to do this by:
- communicating our commitment to equality and diversity to all members of the ALT community;
- communicating where responsibility lies for equality issues i.e. with the Trustees;
- providing appropriate training and briefings for Trustees and staff;
- actively promoting equality and diversity;
- challenging discrimination based on age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity;
- ensuring that legislation and policy requirements are implemented into all our working practices.
You can contact us confidentially via email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Plan
ALT’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Plan is based on the Charity Governance Code (for small charities) and is designed to ensure that the Board has a clear, agreed and effective approach to supporting equality, diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation and in its own practice.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion governance outcomes
- The principles of equality, diversity and inclusion are embedded in the organisation and help to deliver the charity’s public benefit.
- Obstacles to participation are reduced, with the organisation’s work designed and open for everyone included within its charitable purposes. This supports the charity to challenge inequality and achieve improved equality of outcomes.
- The board is more effective because it reflects different perspectives, experiences and skills, including, where applicable, from current and future beneficiaries.
Monitoring and Reporting
As part of ALT’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Plan, regular monitoring and reporting is being implemented in 2022, enabling us to report our progress to all stakeholders at least annually.
This Policy is licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 4.0) licence. You are welcome to adapt it for your own purposes, in which case please acknowledge this page as your source, applying a suitable attribution share alike licence on your own policy. Thank you.