ALT is governed by a board of elected and coopted trustees, who form the Board of Trustees. Much of the work of ALT is done on a pro-bono basis by the active members of ALT's Assembly. Supporting the work of our Members is a small and busy, distributed staff team.
No current vacancies
Now filled: Professional development and accreditation: freelance opportunity
We are looking for an individual to work 2-3 days per week, over flexible hours for min. 6 months, until 31 January 2022, by which point we anticipate creating a permanent post.
- Manage the assessment process for CMALT portfolios using the in-house system (based on Google sheets);
- Support CMALT candidates and assessors through training, webinars and online materials;
- Lead monthly webinars run in Blackboard Collaborate for 25-50 people about the assessment process and provide information to candidates;
- Develop support mechanisms and materials to support CMALT assessors.
- Answer email enquiries from candidates and assessors (usually less than 25 per week);
- Establish a CMALT committee including terms of reference, membership and meeting schedule.
What we are looking for:
- Background in education, ideally with experience in educational technology;
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities;
- Experience of Google Workplace, including Google Sheets and Gmail would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience of working in a virtual team, and working from home, with a suitable workspace;
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
About the role
We are looking for someone to work 2-3 days per week (up to max 25 hours per week), the majority of which must be during business hours, including Tuesday mornings to take part in weekly team meetings.
This role is home-based and no travel is required. Appropriate professional indemnity insurance and min. 2 references are required.
The day rate offered is £250-300 a day depending on experience.
Interest? How to apply
If you are interested in this role and meet the requirements above, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 July 2022.