CMALT Submission Deadlines
30th April 2022, 31st May 2022, 30th September 2022
CMALT Official Guidance and Support
Please refer to the guidance documentation for your chosen pathway. This detailed documents covers all elements that you will need to cover in order to submit your portfolio.
- Associate CMALT Guidelines PDF or Google doc (July 2019)
- CMALT Guidelines PDF or Google doc (July 2019)
- Senior CMALT Guidelines PDF or Google doc (July 2019)
CMALT Portfolio Register
There are examples of CMALT Holder portfolios that are available portfolios openly for ALT Members . You can search for portfolios with different specialisms, by sector or job role. You will need to be logged in to the ALT website as a Member to view the list of shared CMALT portfolios.
CMALT webinars provide information and support to candidates starting on and/or aiming to complete their portfolios in the next few months. They provide an overview of the submission process, advice on how to complete a portfolio and an opportunity to see how the assessment process works. There is also time for individual questions at the end of each session. Find out dates and book your place or watch a recording (see a list of recent sessions below):
Maintaining your Certified Status
To main your certified status you need to submit a revised portfolio every 3 years and pay your annual certified membership fee. This becomes due a year after your initial certification. Certified Holders names can be found on the Certified Holders List on the ALT Website
CMALT Holders : Updating your Portfolio
CMALT portfolios should be updated and reviewed every three years. CMALT Holders are notified when they are due to submit updates for the portfolio review. There is no charge for the process, but your Certified Membership must be current.
- Review guidelines (as Google doc, or download a PDF version)
- NEW Peer Assessor Guidance for Portfolio Review Nov 2019
- Answers to frequently asked questions: FAQs (as Google doc, or download a PDF version)
- Example portfolios are avilable here: updated portfolios
- Submission deadlines are 30th April 2022, 31st May 2022, 30th September 2022. Submit your portfolio.
CMALT is a peer-assessed accreditation scheme and assessors play an important role and carry out assessments as part of their continued professional development. All certified holders are eligible to act as a peer assessor. We provide guidance and support webinars for new assessors. All new assessors are paired up with a more experienced assessor. Assessors tell us that they find it incredibly rewarding and valuable to undertake peer assessment.
- NEW CMALT Guidance for Peer Assessors 2019 Google doc (Nov 2019)
- CMALT Guidelines PDF or Google doc
- Recordings of webinars for assessors: February 2019 RECORDING and October 2019 RECORDING
CMALT Accelerator Workshops
We now offer additional optional 1-day standalone workshops which are designed to help CMALT candidates fast-track work on their portfolio in order to submit it to peer review. The workshop will provide tailored support for individuals as well as peer support in a group of CMALT candidates all working towards CMALT accreditation. Visit our Events Page to book and find out more.
"The workshop was full of really useful information, brilliantly presented and brilliantly paced - and provided such a valuable and supportive space to explore the CMALT process". ~ Jen McParlan
“This compact and hands-on workshop has helped me to reflect, fast progress and become confident in my writing. I would recommend the workshop to anyone who is preparing for their CMALT portfolios. Many thanks to Maren and Debbie. With your advice and support, I was able to submit my portfolio for assessment in January 2021” ~ Dr Jin TanRead Dr Jin Tan's Blog Post in relation to her experience
CMALT Candidates Discounted Rate £149. ALT is also offering a limited number of scholarship places for current candidates if cost is a barrier. To apply for a scholarship place please complete this form.
Accelerator Workshops will also be advertised on on the event page
Archive of Previous Guidelines
For reference only, we also provide the previous versions of guidance below:
- Guidelines for CMALT candidates (updated January 2019)
- assessment form
- CMALT Assessment guidelines for assessors and candidates (2019)
- CMALT Portfolio Review Guidelines document
- CMALT: Assessment form [Word doc, updated Feb 2019]
- CMALT Portfolio Review: Portfolio Review Assessment Form (as Google doc or download as PDF) [updated April 2016]
- Review form for assessors (as Google doc, or download a PDF version)