CMALT, our Certified Membership scheme, is a peer-based professional accreditation scheme developed by ALT to enable people whose work involves learning technology to:
- have their experience and capabilities certified by peers;
- demonstrate that they are taking a committed and serious approach to their professional development.
Have a look at the CMALT Prospectus [PDF] for an introduction to the scheme at a glance. Use the menu on the left to find out more about CMALT registration fees and promotional initiatives, support for candidates and assessors or how to submit your portfolio. ALT members can view openly shared CMALT portfolios on the Open Register. You might also like to read about current work to develop CMALT strands for early career and senior level professionals, along with the development of open, online and structured support for individuals completing CMALT. Find out more about Pathways to CMALT.
CMALT holders or Certified Members of ALT are learning technology practitioners, teachers and researchers from across the educational and commercial sectors. You can access the list of CMALT Holders here.
Some CMALT holders share their portfolios openly with ALT members. You will need to be logged in to the ALT site as a member to view the list of shared portfolios (a short video on how to browse the list is available).
CMALT and other CPD frameworks
CMALT is an independent, peer-led accreditation scheme. However, we always look to map CMALT to other frameworks and courses. Currently, we offer mappings to:
- CMALT and UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) [download a PDF mapping of CMALT and the UKPSF];
- CMALT and Blended Learning Essentials for vocational education [further info & a mapping is available to download] ;
- CMALT and Jisc's Digital Capabilities framework (a mapping is available to download]
- CMALT and ocTEL, the Open Course in Technology Enhanced Learning [further info];
- CMALT Australasia which provides a version of CMALT for individuals in Australasia;
- CMALT and internal CPD provision: we offer a discounted registration rate for groups from ALT member organisations. Coming soon will be more information about CMALT integration into internal CPD provision.
This short video gives a brief introduction to and overview of CMALT: