Research in Learning Technology, the journal of the Association for Learning Technology, has been Open Access since 1 January 2012 and is published by Co-Action Publishing.
“Art and Science of Learning Design” is the journals first supplement since going Open Access and is edited by Brock Craft (University of London), Davinia Hernández-Leo (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona) and Yishay Mor (Open University).
This supplement consists of papers developed from the proceedings of the Art and Science of Learning Design (ASLD) workshop in 2011. This workshop was convened by the Learning Design Grid (LDG) team of the STELLAR network of excellence, dedicated to bridging the gap between research and practice in Learning Design. It set out to explore the tools, methods, and frameworks available for practitioners and researchers invested in designing for learning, and to articulate the challenges in this emerging domain.
The supplement features the following articles:
- Editorial: The art and science of learning design by Yishay Mor et al
- Designing and researching technology-enhanced learning for the zone of proximal implementation by Susan McKenney
- Sustaining learning design and pedagogical planning in CSCL by Francesca Pozzi, Donatella Persico
- In medias res: reframing design for learning by Peter Goodyear, Yannis Dimitriadis
- Forward-oriented design for learning: illustrating the approach by Yannis Dimitriadis, Peter Goodyear
- Designing and evaluating representations to model pedagogy by Elizabeth Masterman, Brock Craft
- Orchestrating learning activities using the CADMOS learning design tool by Mary Katsamani, Symeon Retalis
- Learning design Rashomon I - supporting the design of one lesson through different approaches by Donatella Persico et al
- Learning design Rashomon II: exploring one lesson through multiple tools by Luis P. Prieto et al
The articles are available at: http://goo.gl/irpwKo.