It’s that time of year where we invite our Members to come and get more involved with ALT. Taking an active part in the work of the Association ensures that all activities are shaped by Members’ priorities and also offer valuable opportunities for professional development and recognition.
We are seeking expressions of interest from our Members from:
- all sectors of education and training including schools, vocational education, Higher Education and work-based learning
- people in research, practitioner, management, technical and policy roles as well as learners who have a special interest in Learning Technology
- the private and public sectors
- within and outside the UK (subject to reaching agreement on an effective method of participation).
The deadline for expressing your interest to get involved is Monday 10 October 2022. Please refer to the full call to get involved to find out more information and how to express an interest.
Opportunities to get involved
Professional development, research & accreditation
We offer microcredentials to Members who successfully take part in our professional development opportunities.
- Research Reviewers: our journal publishes between 25-50 original Open Access research articles each year. RLT publishes articles in the following broad areas: technology enhanced learning, online learning, distance learning, mobile learning, flexible learning, wearable technologies, simulation, learning environments, learning spaces, pedagogy, open educational practice and social media. We are looking for both experienced and new peer reviewers and offer recognition via Publons for our much valued peer reviewers.
- Research Editorial Board Members: We are seeking applications from individuals interested in serving on the Editorial Board of Research in Learning Technology. This is an outstanding opportunity to apply your expertise and to advance scholarship in the field. We aim to enhance the diversity of our Board. We also aim to broaden our areas of expertise and are interested in receiving applications from individuals whose own reflections on and analyses of learning technology draw upon quantitative, qualitative and/or mixed methods approaches, and from wide-ranging theoretical approaches to learning technology. Editorial Board members serve for a maximum of six years. Board members attend regular online meetings to determine the progress and strategic direction of the journal. Meetings are held three times per year, and Board members are also expected to peer review articles submitted to Research in Learning Technology (a minimum of three per year). To register your interest, kindly contact XXX with a brief statement (maximum 500 words) on how you feel your experience and expertise can advance both the journal and the subject area.
- Blog Editors: Our #altc blog contains a wide range of posts and articles, including news, opinion pieces, project updates, case studies, book reviews, ‘a week in the life’ summaries of the work of people in the Learning Technology field. Our editorial team oversees the publication of articles being submitted and shapes the editorial direction of the blog.
- Conference Committee Members: We are looking for Members of the OER23 Conference Committee. Organised by the Association for Learning Technology is the 14th annual conference for Open Education research, practice and policy. The OER Confes71SG7myBUKgYmEr6rence Committee plays a vital role and our volunteers contribute their time and expertise including undertaking peer review, chairing sessions and organising local and social activities during the conference.
- Awards Judging Panel Members: We are looking for Members to join our 2023 panel of judges to assist us with shortlisting and selecting finalists for the 2023 Awards. We are looking for any Member of ALT with a keen interest to take part in this process. Judges will be required for a total of 5 hours for shortlisting and around 3 hours for interviews, between May - September 2023.
- Opportunities to assess CMALT peer assessments are offered regularly to all accredited Members and are now openly available.
- CPD Webinars: Due to high demand we now issue a dedicated call for presenters for our 2023 CPD webinar series.
To express an interest, please complete this form by Friday 30 September 2022.
Get involved in ALT's governance
ALT is a charitable incorporated organisation. We are registered charity number 1160039 and we are governed in accordance with our constitution by a group of elected and co-opted trustees. The Board of Trustees governs ALT and is advised by the Members Assembly.
- Trustee elections: the next election to ALT's Board of Trustees has taken place, and results announced at the Annual General Meeting 2022.
- Joining the Members Assembly: The ALT Assembly was established in 2019 and is the overarching committee advising the ALT Board of Trustees. The Assembly is chaired by the President of ALT and serviced by the Membership and Professional Development Manager. It provides greater representation of Members and in particular Member groups. Find out more about the Assembly.
Network, collaborate and join up with other Members
- In FE or Vocational Education? Join the AmplifyFE network . AmplifyFE is a network to connect and amplify communities of practice for digital learning, teaching and assessment in vocational education.
- Looking for Members near you? ALT's Members Groups bring together individuals or organisations within ALT from a particular area in the UK. Member groups are open to all Members and you can join via the groups page.
- Interested in a particular topic? Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are open to all and are currently active in the following subject areas: Immersive Technologies, Learning Spaces, Active Learning, Open Education, Copyright and Online Learning and learners’ experiences. Find out more and join groups here.
More ways to get connected
Whether you are new to ALT or have been a Member for a while, have a look at different ways to connect with the community.
To express an interest, please complete this form by Monday 10 October 2022.