Enhancing professional recognition for Learning Technology professionals
The CMALT Accreditation Framework provides pathways to peer-assessed accreditation for Learning Technology professionals in the UK and internationally.
We define Learning Technology as the broad range of communication, information and related technologies that can be used to support learning, teaching and assessment. The CMALT Accreditation Framework is for professionals who are actively involved in understanding, managing, researching, supporting or enabling learning with the use of Learning Technology. Achieving Certified Membership is recognition from your peers that you are a current practitioner.
What are the key benefits?
- gain stronger recognition for Learning Technology skills and experience
- demonstrate your commitment to and understanding of the importance of Learning Technology
- develop transferable skills which can be applied across all educational sectors and industry
- reflect critically upon your practice, achievements and expertise
- receive feedback and accreditation from peers
- increase the impact of your professional achievements for recruitment or appraisal and
use “CMALT” as post-nominal letters
Choose your pathway
You can progress from Associate to CMALT to Senior CMALT or submit your portfolio for any given pathway.
- Are an early-career professional or have just moved into a Learning Technology-related role.
- Have fewer than three years’ experience in a Learning Technology-related role.
- Only engage with Learning Technology as a smaller part of your role, and therefore have a limited range of evidence to draw on.
- Are an established Learning Technology professional or educational practitioner.
- Have three or more years’ experience in a Learning Technology-related role.
- Engage with Learning Technology throughout most aspects of your role.
- Are an experienced Learning Technology professional or educational practitioner with more than three years’ experience in a Learning Technology-focused role.
- Engage closely with Learning Technology as a core part of your role.
- Have management, leadership or strategic responsibilities, or can demonstrate an equivalent level of impact on others through your work.
- Have a research focus in a relevant field.