Our next OER conference will be held as a blended conference in April 2022.
Last years event OERxDomains21 was held Online - 21-22 April 2021
Organised by the Association for Learning Technology and partnership with Reclaim Hosting’s Domains Conference, this special edition of the much loved event is the 12th annual conference for Open Education research, practice and policy. We are proud to incorporate a special strand hosted by the Domains Conference – bringing our two communities closer together in 2021.
To make this special edition of the event happen, we have a team of Co-Chairs: Heading up the Domains strand are Lauren (Brumfield) Hanks and Jim Groom and leading on the OER side are Lou Mycroft, Louise Drumm and Joe Wilson.
Explore the 2021 Conference Themes
The conference will put the spotlight on both the value and limitations of Open Education in a (post)pandemic world:
- Theme 1: Openness, care, and joy in the times of pandemic;
- Theme 2: Open Education responses to surveillance technologies and data ownership in education;
- Theme 3: Open in Action: open teaching, educational practices and resources, how you might be using Domains and other tools;
- Theme 4: Shifts in agency and creativity as empowerment of learners and educators;
- Theme 5: Open Source Tools: infrastructure, cloud environments, targeted teaching tools.
Explore resources from previous OER Conferences
More information about previous OER conferences is available from the conference platforms:
- OER20 - The Care in Openness
- OER19: Recentering Open
- OER18: Open to All
- OER17: The Politics of Open
- OER16: Open Culture
- OER15: Mainstreaming open education
- OER14: Building communities of open practice
- OER13: Creating a Virtuous Circle
- OER12: Innovation and Impact - Openly Collaborating to Enhance Education