The ALT Annual Conference is back and it’s bigger and better than ever! Join us and over 500 learning technologists for our first fully-fledged Annual Conference since 2019.
The ALT Annual Conference is the UK’s foremost conference for Learning Technologists and one of the largest conferences of its kind, attracting around 500 participants each year. This year, we are celebrating three decades since ALT was established in 1993 with our 30th annual conference.
This year’s conference theme, “Looking through the digital lens: 30 years of Leading People, Digital and Culture”, will celebrate our 30th anniversary and the phenomenal changes in the sector over this time.
The conference will critically examine the organisations and practices we work in through a digital lens, fostering a community of future leaders and innovators in the digital space, who come together to exchange ideas, collaborate, and drive change.
Community in this context also means thinking about what expertise is needed – well beyond the educational technology and technical expertise: organisational change leadership and management, business analysis, and the student voice.
This year's conference themes:
- Leading People in a time of complexity: How have individuals and teams driven change to solve complex and difficult problems? How have individuals and teams been rewarded and recognised in their institutions for being experts and leaders in digital learning?
- Diversity and Inclusion: How are the most precarious and disadvantaged people being supported and empowered through technology? What future exclusions must we fight?
- Sustainability and Social Justice: How green is your educational technology? How will we model green and sustainable practices in the field of educational technology and what does it mean for institutions? How do you make decisions about tech that proactively care for the most vulnerable people among us? How should we model practices that account more for the health and well-being of people than that of businesses trying to sell technology to the education sector?
- Emerging technologies and behaviours: How are emerging technologies, or new uses for existing technologies changing behaviours and practices? What do emerging technologies mean for learning, teaching and assessment? How do we prepare students and staff to critically face the hype cycles around tools such as Machine Learning, and teach them to sift through what companies are claiming, to find the truth?
- Wildcard submissions: submissions that address the wider conference theme, covering practice, research or policy in Learning Technology.
- Earlybird registrations ended on 6 August 2023 23:59 BST.
- 3 day full residential, 3 day conference only, day conference only and Gala Dinner registrations will close on Thursday 31 August 2023 23:59 BST.
- 3 day online only package registrations will be open throughout the conference and will close on Wednesday 7 September 17:00.
To amend, cancel or transfer your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be able to amend, cancel or transfer an existing registration.
If you are an ALT Member, log in before registering.
Coventry, CV4 7AL