This week sees the launch of the conference programme for the 14th annual conference for Open Education research, practice and policy organised by ALT, the Association for Learning Technology, in partnership with UHI, the University of the Highlands and Islands.
UHI has a unique place and deep roots in its communities, and we are looking forward to bringing OER participants from the UK and across the world to its campus in Inverness in the heart of the Scottish Highlands.
OER23 will bring together the strong Scottish Open Education movement and international participants to leverage our shared expertise for change in policy and practice.
The conference will be co-chaired in partnership with the GO-GN Global OER Graduate Network, connecting emerging researchers and a global perspective with local and national knowledge.
Explore the OER23 Conference programme
You can how browse the full programme . OER23 takes place from Tuesday, 4th April to Thursday, 6th April:
- Day 1, 4th April: Pre-conference activities and GO-GN Day, social pre-conference meet up
- Day 2, 5th April: Conference programme from 9:30am and evening social activity
- Day 3, 6th April: Conference programme until 5:00pm and social post-conference meet up
Online activities on Discord will begin the week before the conference and our dedicated social space remains available for a month after the event.
Learn more about our Featured Speakers including GO-GN Members at OER23.
This year’s conference themes
The conference will put the spotlight on Advancing Open Education Practices through five themes:
- Celebrating the impact of Open Education and OER;
- Open Education research and policy around the globe;
- Open Education in Scotland – celebrating 10 years of the Scottish Open Education Declaration;
- Embedding and supporting Open Education through curriculum design;
- Wildcard. Creative practice in relation to openness.
Register for the conference and join our dedicated OER23 server on Discord straight away. Start networking and connecting with fellow participants, speakers and conference committee members.
We offer a discounted rate for ALT Members. If you are not already a Member, this is the year to join. Find out more about becoming a member.