ALT wishes to fill several vacancies on its main operational committees. In all cases this is for an initial three year term. ALT seeks expressions of interest from:
- all sectors of education and training;
- people in research, practitioner, and policy roles;
- the private and public sectors;
- outside the UK (subject to reaching agreement on an effective method of participation).
Details of vacancies:
- Committee for Membership Development - seeking 1-2 new members, in particular with an interest in CMALT, ALT's accreditation scheme;
- Committee for Further Education and cross-sector engagement - seeking 2-3 new members from across sectors;
- Committee for Communication and Publications - seeking 1 new member and will shortly be issuing calls for new editors to join the journal and newsletter editorial teams as well as new members for the journal's Editorial Board.
Members of all ALT committees are expected to become ordinary members of the Association if this is not already the case. ALT operational committees meet up to three times per year, with all but one of these meetings normally conducted virtually. For members who require it, ALT will reimburse travel and reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
There is a separate call to join the Programme Committee for our annual conference, which is issued in autum each year.
How to express an interest:
To express an interest in any of these roles, please email email@example.com by no later than 17.00 BST Friday, 22 August 2014. In your email, please include your name, contact details and a short overview of why you are interested in getting involved.
We will consider all expressionsof interest during September. The first meeting of all the committees - a face to face one - will be on 22 October 2014.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles informally feel free to contact Maren Deepwell, Chief Executive, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (01865 484 405).