ALT wishes to fill several vacancies on its main operational committees. In all cases this is for an initial three year term. ALT seeks expressions of interest from:
- all sectors of education and training;
- people in research, practitioner, and policy roles;
- the private and public sectors;
- outside the UK (subject to reaching agreement on an effective method of participation).
Details of vacancies:
- Membership Services Committee - we have vacancies for up to two new members. We are keen to appoint members who work in the private sector and in the learning and skills sector. (The membership services committee oversees all of ALT's membership services, including events other than the ALT annual conference);
- Further Education Committee - we have vacancies for up to two new members, and we are keen to strengthen the geographic spread of representation as well as encouraging involvement from individuals with a background in policy, research and Higher Education. (The Further Education Committee provides ALT with guidance concerning ALT's activities in and policy responses relating to the learning and skills sector);
- Research Committee – there are no vacancies at this time;
- Publications Committee - we have vacancies for up to four new members, who should preferably not be working in Higher Education. (The Publications Committee oversees the production of all of our web and print based publications. Several members of the Publications Committee are attached to specific (unpaid) editorial roles).
Members of all ALT committees are expected to become ordinary individual members of the Association if this is not already the case. ALT operational committees meet up to three times per year, with all but one of these meetings normally conducted virtually. For members who require it, ALT will reimburse travel and reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
There are separate calls to join the Programme Committee for our annual conference and also a call for new members of the CMALT Development Group.
How to express an interest:
To express an interest in any of these roles, please complete the online form by no later than 17.00 BST Friday, 30 August 2013.
We will consider all expressionsof interest during late September, with notification later in the month. The first meeting of all the committees - a face to face one - will be on 16 October, in Birmingham.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles informally feel free to contact Maren Deepwell, Chief Executive, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (01865 484 405).