We are seeking experienced Co-Chairs for the 2020 ALT Annual Conference Committee. The Co-Chairs will play a major role in planning and delivery of the conference in 2020. For information about previous ALT Annual Conferences please visit https://www.alt.ac.uk/altc.
The ALT Annual Conference is the UK’s main conference for Learning Technologists and one of the largest conferences of its kind, attracting around 500 participants each year. It is held over three days every September, providing a valuable and practical forum for practitioners, researchers, managers and policy-makers from education and industry to solve problems, explore, reflect, influence and learn.The conference format evolves each year to keep pace with the changing expectations and priorities of participants and speakers, but its core values remain strong.
We are looking to appoint two or three people with the following qualities:
- national/international standing in the Learning Technology field;
- the commitment and vision to make the conference a success;
- the capacity to chair a major international conference, and its programme committee;
- enthusiasm for and/or experience of working with the ALT community and being a Member of ALT.
- Planning and organisation of the conference will be the responsibility of the Conference Committee together with ALT staff. The role is unremunerated, but travel and subsistence costs will be met by ALT, with the conference fee waived.
Find out what the role involves in more detail by reading Chairing ALT Conferences, which includes further details as well as feedback from previous Co-Chairs and is licensed CC-BY.
To express an interest, please send an email to Maren Deepwell email@example.com, organised under the 4 headings above, to arrive by 30 July 2019. Expressions of interest from pairs of people interested in co-chairing with each other can be submitted as a single email. As an informal guideline, please limit your expression of interest to no more than 500 words in total. We would prefer to appoint someone who has not previously chaired or co-chaired the conference.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Board of Trustees who will have final approval.