27-28 March 2024, Munster Technological University, Cork (Ireland)
We are proud to announce the 15th annual conference for Open Education research, practice and policy will be organised by ALT, the Association for Learning Technology, in partnership with Munster Technological University (MTU).
MTU offers an excellent space for all members of the open education community to collaborate, learn and share in an inclusive environment. We are excited to welcome OER participants from the UK and across the world to the MTU Bishopstown Campus in Cork, Ireland.
OER24 will bring together the strong Irish Open Education movement and international participants to leverage our shared expertise for change in policy and practice. The conference will put the spotlight on Open Education practices through five themes:
- Open Education Landscape and Transformation: This theme explores Open Education and its transformative potential, with a particular emphasis on key initiatives and developments in the Irish education and training context.
- Equity and Inclusion in OER: This theme delves into the role of Open Educational Resources (OER) in serving marginalised groups and in promoting inclusivity, diversity and equity in open education.
- Open Source and Scholarly Engagement: This theme focuses on the connection between Open Education, Open Data, the Open-Source movement, and digital scholarship/librarianship, showcasing the collaboration of researchers across these areas.
- Ethical Dimensions of Generative AI and OER Creation: This theme highlights the ethical considerations surrounding the use of generative AI for content creation and its potential in making educational content more accessible.
- Innovative Pedagogies and Creative Education: This theme explores the intersection of Open Education with instructional design and learning design, examining creative practices and innovative pedagogies that enhance the learning experience.
Visit https://www.oer2024.co.uk/ for further information.
EARLYBIRD REGISTRATIONS CLOSED AT 5PM ON 2 JANUARY 2024
Cork, T12 P928
|OER Standard rates
|Member Full Conference
|Non-Member Full Conference
|Member Wednesday only
|Member Thursday only
|Non-Member Wednesday only
|Non-Member Thursday only