This webinar is part of our 2021 CPD webinar sessions. Participants will earn an ALT CPD Open Badge which can be used as evidence towards accreditation via one of the pathways in ALT’s CMALT framework.
If you missed a previous CPD webinar, recordings are available over on Youtube.
Presenter: Dominik Lukes
What makes an effective educational video? This seminar will suggest answers based on what we can learn from academic research and a paying close attention to current practice.
It will address questions such as:
• What video format should educators choose?
• How long should a video be?
• Should a video use a script?
• What is the importance of production value?
• What is the role of supporting graphics and text?
• What is the evolving language of video as a medium of communication and instruction?
• What is the importance of community and context for successful video?
• How can the success of videos in informal learning contexts translate into formal education and training?
As part of this, we will survey existing research literature and its limits when contrasted with the rapidly evolving video landscape.
If you missed a previouse CPD webinar, recordings are available over on Youtube.