We are delighted to announce that we have just signed an updated Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ASCILITE. There is a long-standing collaboration between ALT and ASCILITE and in recent years we have actively worked together on initiatives including CMALT Australasia and baselining best practice Open Access journal publication.
This Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) provides a framework for areas of joint working between ASCILITE and the Association for Learning Technology. It sets out how the two organisations will work together to ensure that shared objectives are taken forward and provides a platform on which to build joint working.
We share a common commitment to harness technology to advance learning and improve access to it. We will continue to collaborate subject to the agreement of the two governing bodies including for
- influence and help shape policy on the government’s learning technology agenda
- enhance relationships on issues on which the two associations have common interests
- share information on technology for learning
- offer reciprocal organisational or sponsoring membership to one another
- run joint events on areas of shared interest
- collaborate on joint projects
Learn more about ASCILITE
ASCILITE was formed in 1983 and currently has over 1,200 individual members representing over 100 institutions and organisations. Its vision is to be Australasia’s foremost community, leading and advocating for excellence in the use of digital technologies in tertiary learning and teaching.
ASCILITE's mission is to promote and recognise exemplary innovation, evidence–based practice and research, in the sustainable use of educational technologies to progress pedagogical practice.