22nd Annual General Meeting of the Association for Learning Technology
Wednesday, 9th September 2015 - 16:05-15:30
Main Theatre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
The agenda for the AGM and related information, including arrangements for proxy voting, has now been published on the AGM page. As a member of ALT or the representative of a member organisation, you play an essential part in the governance of the Association and we hope that all members attending this year's annual conference will participate in the AGM.
If you would like to attend only the AGM, please contact us, and we can arrange an AGM pass. Also, refer to details of proxy voting arrangements set out below. Please note that the deadline for proxy voting forms to be received by ALT is no later than 17.00 BST on Thursday 27th August.
Association for Learning Technology - Proxy Voting Arrangements and Form – Deadline 17.00 BST, Thursday 27th August 2015.
The business of the ALT AGM on 9/9/2015 is set out in the Agenda for the meeting.
Under item 6 (Annual report and accounts for 2014-2015) the AGM will vote on the following resolution from the ALT Central Executive Committee.
RESOLUTION 1.“That the 2015 AGM approves the 2014-2015 annual report and accounts.”
Under item 7 (Appointment of Auditor for the 2015-2016 Accounts) the AGM will vote on the following resolution from the ALT Central Executive Committee.
RESOLUTION 2. “To appoint Shaw Gibbs LLP, of Oxford, as Auditors for the 2015-2016 Accounts.”
Under item 8 (Transfer resolution) the AGM will vote on the following resolution from the ALT Central Executive Committee.
RESOLUTION 3. “To approve the transfer agreement between the Association and the CIO."
Individual members and the representatives of organisational, partner or sponsoring members who cannot be present in person at the AGM are entitled to vote by proxy, by appointing Diana Laurillard, ALT President, or a colleague to cast a proxy vote on their behalf.
If you wish to vote by proxy, here is what to do.
1. Decide whether you wish to direct your proxy to vote as she/he chooses on your behalf, or whether you wish to direct her/his vote as you instruct.
2. Complete all relevant sections of the proxy voting form below, remembering to sign and date it.
3. Fax the form to +44 (0)1865 484 165, or post it to Diana Laurillard, ALT President, Gipsy Lane, Headington, Oxford, OX3 0BP, to arrive in either case by no later than 17.00 BST on Thursday 27 August. Mark any envelope “Proxy Vote – ALT AGM 9/9/2015”.
Proxy voting form
For the attention of Diana Laurillard, ALT President
First name: ___________________ Family name: ______________________
1. I am an ordinary, certified, or honorary life member of ALT OR I am the representative of an organisational, partner or sponsoring member of ALT (delete whichever does not apply in the case of this particular proxy vote).
2. If (and only if) I am the representative of an organisational or sponsoring member of ALT, the name of the organisation is:
3. I am appointing Diana Laurillard, the President of ALT OR _______________________ (insert name - this option applies only for representatives of organisational, partner or sponsoring members) to act as my proxy at the ALT AGM in Manchester on 9/9/2015.
4. I direct Diana Laurillard OR _______________________ (insert name - this option applies only for representatives of organisational, partner or sponsoring members) to vote as she or he chooses on my behalf OR I direct Diana Laurillard to vote as I instruct (delete whichever does not apply).
5. If and only if I am directing Claire Donlan to vote as I instruct, my instruction is for his to
RESOLUTION 1. VOTE FOR VOTE AGAINST ABSTAIN
RESOLUTION 2. VOTE FOR VOTE AGAINST ABSTAIN
RESOLUTION 3. VOTE FOR VOTE AGAINST ABSTAIN
(place a cross [ X] against your choices).
Signature: _______________________ Date: ________________________________