The Open Access journal of the Association for Learning Technology
ALT's main publication, Research in Learning Technology is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal devoted to research and good practice in the use of learning technologies.
If you'd like to find out more about the journal and its aims, please refer to the journal's strategy. The journal has now re-opened for submissions:
- If you are interested in submitting a paper please refer to the Instructions for authors and go here to → Submit a manuscript online
- If you'd like to find out more about publishing a themed collection or special issue, please contact us
- From its inception until January 2004 (Issue 11.3) the journal was published by the The University of Wales Press. From January 2011 the Journal's name changed from ALT-J: Research in Learning Technology to Research in Learning Technology, The Journal of the Association for Learning Technology. ISSN 2156-7069 (print) ISSN 2156-7077 (online). It was then published by Co-Action Publishing up to 2016 when Co-Action was acquired by Taylor & Francis. From June 2017 the journal is published directly by ALT in partnership with Open Academia. All articles from previous years are freely available on the journal's website
- Back issues of Research in Learning Technology are also made freely available from the ALT Open Access Repository
- Research in Learning Technology is currently indexed in: Australian Education Index (AEI); Australian Research Council (ARC) Ranked Journal List; British Education Index; Contents Pages in Education; Educational Research Abstracts Online (ERA); ERIC; ERIH Plus (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences); National Database for Research into International Education (NDRI) and PsycINFO. Material in Research in Learning Technology is also further distributed by EBSCO, one of the world's largest content aggregators and research database providers, which helps link the content in the Journal to the research literature.