The Open Course in Technology Enhanced Learning (ocTEL) is back! Starting on the 28th April 2014 you will be able to participate in this online course designed to help you better understand ways to use Learning Technology for teaching, learning and assessment. The course has undergone a revision and now is shorter (six weeks plus induction week) and we are working on incorporating new features including Open Badges for accreditation.
ocTEL doesn't follow a traditional format and whilst we'd love everyone to complete 'the course' you can drop-in for the material and events most useful to you (currently outline of weeks below). Ultimately our aim is to help you make connections between people and knowledge to aid your personal development. ocTEL is an ideal opportunity to consider the connection with your existing skills and experience and Certified Membership of ALT (CMALT).
- Week 0: TEL & the future (induction) - 28 Apr 2014
- Week 1: Concepts and approaches - 5 May 2014
- Week 2: Learners and learning - 12 May 2014
- Week 3: Materials, platforms and technologies - 19 May 2014
- Week 4: Support, feedback and assessment - 2 Jun 2014
- Week 5: Leadership, management and keeping on track - 9 Jun 2014
- Week 6: Enhancement, review and evaluation - 16 Jun 2014
Update: the course's main site is at http://octel.alt.ac.uk/2014/. You can still register for the course to contribute to the site discussion (please note it can take up to 24 hours for use to email login details).