Agenda for the 2012 Annual General Meeting
19th Annual General Meeting
Wednesday 12 September 2012 - 15:00-15:45
Conference Auditorium, University Place - University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Note to ALT Members. A voting card will be issued to those eligible to vote at the AGM when you register on arrival at the conference. Please:
- bring this with you to the AGM;
- make sure to sign in at meeting on one of the sign-in sheets provided;
- leave your voting card with ALT on your departure.
(This process has been adopted to help ALT keep an accurate tally of attendance and to help the Tellers differentiate during voting between non-voting visitors, individual members, and the representatives of organisational and sponsoring members.)
1. Welcome from Gilly Salmon, President
2. Apologies for absence
3. Appointment of two Tellers (the role of Tellers is to count the number of votes for, votes against, and abstentions during voting by “show of hands”)
4. Approval of the Minutes of last general meeting held in Leeds on 7 September 2011 (Gilly Salmon will be looking for individuals present at the 2011 meeting to propose and second that the 2011 minutes are an accurate record of the 2011 AGM)
5. Matters arising from the Minutes of the last general meeting
6. Annual Report and Accounts for 2011-2012 (copies will be provided on arrival and Fred Pickering, who is Honorary Treasurer of ALT will report to the meeting and take questions)
7. Appointment of an Auditor for the 2012-2013 Accounts
8. Brief verbal report from Maren Deepwell, Chief Executive
9. Honorary Life Membership. To award Honorary Life Membership of ALT to an individual who has "made an outstanding and sustained contribution to the advancement of ALT's aims for the development of learning technology in a national or international context through research, practice, policy-development, leadership, or a combination of these".
10. Elections to Trustee vacancies. To announce the results of the election of:
a) a Vice-Chair of the Association (an ex-officio member of the Central Executive Committee who will become Chair in September 2013, and President in September 2014)
b) two individuals to serve for three years as Trustees of the ALT
11. Handover to Martin Oliver, incoming President, and close
Learn more about what we do and how to become a member.
Future conferences, workshops, webinars and other activities.