Web site terms of business
Last reviewed and if necessary updated on 18 April 2011.
Products, services and prices
- You can use this web site to pay for products and services including attendance at events, joining ALT as an individual or organisation, becoming a candidate under our certified membership scheme, and purchasing publications.
- These products and services vary over time and the costs associated with each are set as each becomes available, and are reviewed periodically thereafter.
- We show prices for products and services (in Pounds Sterling) on the membership application, event booking, candidature registration or order form for the product or service in question, and in the confirmation emails that the site sends users at the conclusion of a transaction.
- For products or services paid for in currencies other than Pounds Sterling, the currency conversion rate that will apply is set not by ALT but by Paypal Inc. and is shown to you prior to your completion of any transaction paid in a currency other than Pounds Sterling.
Refund and cancellation policy
- We will refund any payment made to us in error provided you tell us within one calendar month of the transaction that was made in error. Any such refund will be made by us within fourteen days of the error being notified to us, and usually more quickly than this.
- For bookings made for ALT events our cancellation policy varies depending on the nature of the event. The policy is made clear on the booking form for the event in question and/or on pages on our web site that relate to that event. Any refund made under the cancellation policy for an event will be made by us within fourteen days of the refund being agreed, and usually more quickly than this.
- Individual memberships (Associate, Ordinary, Certified) cannot be transferred between individuals.
- Organisational and Sponsoring Members undertake, when they join ALT or renew their membership, to be invoiced by ALT annually for their membership fee thereafter, with payment falling due on 1 February of the subsequent calendar year, unless earlier written notice has been given by the Organisational or Sponsoring Member that it wishes to cease its membership.
- If you or the organisation you represent have a complaint about any product or service that you or your organisation has paid for using this web site, we will deal with your complaint efficiently within the provisions of our Complaints Policy.
- In case of difficulty please contact us.
- All payment transactions are encrypted, but the security of data such as passwords or credit card numbers may be compromised if the computer you use for the transaction has itself been compromised. Therefore take care to use a computer you trust when making payments using our web site.
- We will never ask you for password or other account information over the phone, or by email.
- The Refund and Cancellation Policy has no effect on your or your organisation's statutory rights.
- Any legal dispute concerning our Web site terms of business will be dealt with under the law of England and Wales.
Policy last updated 18/4/2011
Learn more about what we do and how to become a member.
Future conferences, workshops, webinars and other activities.