Please report any issues you may encounter or call us on +44 (0)1865 484 125.
Help and FAQs
1 Getting around the site
1.1 Most navigation links have popups telling you where the link leads.
1.2 There is a conventional search window and a site map.
1.3 Internal and external links. We signal whether a link is to a page on this site or to a page on another site (including sites we run ourselves). Examples: a page on this site; a page on another site.
1.4 All pages have a breadcrumb trail immediately below the banner.
2. Keeping up to date
3.1 You can follow @A_L_T on Twitter to keep in touch.
3. Managing my membership and account
3.1 New Members, please refer to our Membership pages.
3.2 Members who are renewing their membership should refer to renewal FAQs.
4. Helping us to help our users
4.1 We particularly want to learn about broken links, navigation failures, browser crashes and the like. If you report a problem, please be as specific as you can.
5. Google translation
Google Translate does not handle https:// pages reliably, and for your security we use https:// on all pages invovled in logging in, booking, paying etc., which are therefore adversly affected. But you should be able to use Google Translate if your main intention is to make use of the site's information resources. Once you have translated a page, use the banner frame provided by Google Translate to make changes to your translation preferences
This section contains a list of known issues with the ALT web site.
Section 2 - Membership management and event booking
- Invoice PDFs. If you choose to "pay offline" the system will automatically generate an invoice and send it as an attachment with the confirmation email. The PDF is unhelpfully called 'receipt'. [18/10/2013]
- We have yet fully integrated our use of jiscmail lists with the web site. [18/10/2013]
- Postcodes. The system forces a user to enter a postcode which is not good if the user is from a country like Eire where postcodes are not universally used [18/10/2013].