Remit of the SIG
- To enable people whose work relates to MOOCs to compare notes and share experiences.
- To provide a broader forum for the discussion of MOOC-related, for example:
- quality assurance and enhancement;
- the impact of MOOCs on teaching and learning, and on strategic developments in campusbased institutions.
The SIG is deliberately not seeking to define what is (or is not) a MOOC but rather will encourage participants to share notes and compare experiences across a wide range of “MOOC like" activities. Similarly "people whose work relates to MOOCs" is defined broadly to include:
- teaching in a MOOC;
- authenticating MOOCs in the business and education communities;
- working on content or assessments for use in MOOCs, and their overall design;
- developing or maintaining platforms for MOOCs;
- providing learner-support within MOOCs;
- researching MOOCs and evaluating their impact;
- setting policy that relates to MOOCs;
- sharing good practice relating to MOOCs;
- using MOOC-inspired pedagogy or techniques.
The inaugural officers of the SIG are:
- Fiona Harvey (University of Southampton) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Ryan (LSE) - email@example.com
- Mira Vogel (University College London) - firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for this SIG please complete this short form.
Find us on Twitter: @altmoocsig and also #altmoocsig
Last updated by lwyatt