There are a number of ways to get actively involved in our community and the work we do. You could participate in our governance, join a Special Interest Group, contribute research or undertake professional development.
Membership of the Association for Learning Technology is open to all with an interest in Learning Technology across the UK and internationally in all learning and training contexts. By becoming a member you will be supporting:
- The ALT Annual Conference for learning technologists and one of the largest conferences of its kind;
- a full programme of events, online and face to face, focused in practice and research in Learning Technology;
- the publication of Research in Learning Technology, ALT’s peer-reviewed Open Access journal, and occasional publications;
- networking and collaboration within our community of 2000+ researchers, technologists, teachers and policy makers from across schools, colleges, higher education and industry;
- Special Interest Groups around topics such as Open Educational Resources, Video in Education, Games and MOOCs;
- regular dissemination of policy developments, news in Learning Technology, consultation responses and our Policy Board;
- professional development and leadership in Learning Technology;
- the independent and self-funded work of a professional Association run by and for its members;
- the authoritative voice of our members represented in policy developments.