Policy last reviewed and updated on 23/7/2012
1. Our use of data is governed by our registration with the Information Commissioner under the 1998 Data Protection Act (Registration Number Z7647312, 17 February 2003).
2. During your use of this web site - that is, web sites that are hosted by us on the infrastructure provided to us by Positive Internet - you may be asked for your full name, address, e-mail address, job-title, organisational affiliation, and daytime/evening/mobile telephone numbers, all of which is "Personal Information".
3. Your Personal Information, if you decide to provide it, will be protected when you use this web site by encryption techniques using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology; and personal information will be securely handled when transferred within ALT using equivalent techniques.
4. Your Personal Information will be used for the following purposes.
a. To enable you to make bookings onto ALT events, including the ALT conference.
b. To enable ALT to contact you, by email, post, or telephone on ALT-related matters.
c. To enable you to apply for membership of ALT.
d. To enable us to fulfil our obligations to you as an ALT member.
e. To enable you to take part in ALT activities.
f. To enable us to continue maintain and develop this web site.
5. Except as summarised in paragraphs 6 and 7 below, if you use this site to send ALT Personal Information, such as your email address, we will not sell your details to anyone. We will not give your details to any third party without your agreement unless the third party is contracted by us to provide services that are part of the overall ALT service offering. In this case the personal information that we share will be restricted to name, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number, and we will use all reasonable means at our disposal to ensure that the third party only uses ALT Personal Information in the provision of the services we have contracted it to provide. The company we have contracted to provide web development services has access to ALT personal information and has warranted that to the extent it processes any Personal Information on behalf of ALT it:
a. shall act only on instructions from the Customer; and
b. has in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Information and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, Personal Information.
6. Unless were are requested in writing not to do so, we publish:
a. the names and logos of our Sponsoring Members on this web site;
b. a full listing of our Organisational and Sponsoring Members, and the name and email address of the designated contact of each Organisational or Sponsoring Member.
7. We publish a register of the names of each of our Certified Members as specified in the rules of the CMALT scheme.
8. This site is not itself equipped to collect or store credit or debit card details. Instead this process is handled on our behalf by PayPal Inc., whose services are covered by PayPal Inc.'s own Legal Information and Policies.
9. Our web-hosting company has the facility to monitor and record connections to and from the ALT web site. The monitoring data that our ISP collects includes browser type, domain names, traffic volumes, temporal data, IP information, and data posted from web-forms, other than from forms provided to us by PayPal Inc. and integrated into our site, and which are the responsibility of PayPal Inc. Concerning monitoring data that we ourselves collect, we reserve the right to analyse this information from time to time.
b. If a user submits a comment to the site and ticks the "Remember me" option their email address will be stored in a cookie for one year.
c. We use Google analytics which places cookies on this site. These cookies do not collect personal information.
11. From time to time we provide ALT services using third parties that themselves collect Personal Information from individual users. Examples of these services include but are not restricted to those provided by CrowdVine, Elluminate, Google, Wordpress, Ning, Open Conference and Journal Systems, and Six Apart. How Personal Information provided by users to these third parties is handled is the responsibility of the third party in question, not ALT.
12. In case of queries please contact us.
Learn more about what we do and how to become a member.
Future conferences, workshops, webinars and other activities.