Call for expressions of interest in membership of each of ALT's four main operational committees
Call issued on 1 August 2011 - call closes 9 September 2011
ALT seeks expressions of interest from:
- all sectors of eduction and training;
- people in research, practitioner, and policy roles;
- the private and public sectors;
- outside the UK subject to reaching agreement on an economical method of participation.
ALT wishes to fill several vacancies on its main operational committees in all cases for an initial three year term.
1. Membership Services Committee - we have vacancies for two new members. We are keen to appoint members who work in the private sector and in the learning and skills sector. (The membership services committee oversees all of ALT's membership services, including events other than the ALT annual conference.)
2. Further Education Committee - we have vacancies for up to five new members, and we are keen to strengthen the geographic spread of representation to include representation from Wales, and Northern Ireland, and to strengthen representation from Scotland. Because of recent membership turnover we are also keen to appoint one new member who is based in Higher Education, and at least one who works in the private sector. (The Further Education Committee provides ALT with guidance concerning ALT's activities in and policy responses relating to the learning and skills sector.)
3. Research Committee - we have vacancies for three new members. We are especially interested in those with some or all of the following characteristics: prepared to play an active role in developing and delivering learning technology events and meetings and with the proceedings paper strand of the ALT conference; early career researcher or postgraduate student in learning technology; private sector or schools sector researcher; based in Wales or Northern Ireland; international (non UK) especially from North America; experience of large scale and successful roll out of learning technology across an institution or organisation. (The Research Committee is responsible for the ALT Research Policy, and for a range of research related activities, policy responses, etc.)
4. Publications Committee - we have vacancies for two new members, who should preferably not be working in Higher Education. (The Publications Committee oversees the production of all our web and print based publications. Several members of the Publications Committee are attached to specific (unpaid) editorial roles and we generally fill these by open advertisement rather than through this expressing of interest process.)
Members of all ALT committees are expected to become ordinary individual members of the association if this is not already the case.
ALT operational committees meet three times per year, with two of these meeting normally conducted virtually. For members who require it, ALT will reimburse travel and reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
To express an interest in any of these roles, please complete one of the following forms by no later than 17.00 BST Friday 9 September 2011.
We will consider all expressions of interest during early September, with notification later in the month. The first meeting of all the committees - a face to face one - will be on 25 October, in Birmingham.
If you would like to discuss any of the roles informally feel free to contact Seb Schmoller, ALT Chief Executive, by email (email@example.com) or by phone (0114 2586899).
Learn more about what we do and how to become a member.
Future conferences, workshops, webinars and other activities.