Taking part remotely in ALT-C 2011
Here are some ways those not attending ALT-C 2011 can benefit from the conference.
- Conference Publications - the Conference Abstracts and the Proceedings Papers are available now as Open Access publications.
- Plenary Keynote Sessions and Invited Speaker Sessions will be streamed, with online moderation throughout, using Adobe Connect. Details of what will be streamed, when, and how to access it.
- The hashtag for the conference is #altc2011 and ALT's Twitter channel - @A_L_T - will be used to announce the starts of publicly accessible sessions throughout the conference shortly before each begins.
- There will be a public web TV channel from the conference, with "vox pop" reactions to the conference from participants. Details here from 5 September.
- The full conference timetable and abstracts for all the sessions are available in interactive form on the conference networking site.
ALT does not charge for remote participation; at the same time we make no guarantees that things will work exactly as planned.
Learn more about what we do and how to become a member.
Future conferences, workshops, webinars and other activities.